‘Few will have the greatness to bend history itself; but each of us can work to change a small portion of events , and in total; of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.’
National Curriculum 2014
In history, pupils will have the opportunity to learn about:
- changes within living memory
- events beyond living memory that are significant nationally or globally
- the lives of significant individuals in the past who have contributed to national and international achievements
- aspects of life in different periods
- significant historical events, people and places in their own locality.
Inspired by Chris Quigley
Pupils will be able to develop their skills as historians by:
- asking and answering questions
- taking into account the views of others
- researching using a range of sources
- putting dates and events in chronological order
- understanding and talking about past and present
- understanding important events and people.