After School Learning
We greatly value learning opportunities outside of the normal school day and provide our pupils with a range of interesting, high quality activities and experiences. We firmly believe that providing after school learning opportunities:
- Complements classroom learning
- Encourages good habits for learning
- Encourages pupils to take greater responsibility for their own learning
- Leads to improvements in the attendance and behaviour of some pupils
- Provides opportunities for staff to interact with pupils in a more informal setting
We ensure we provide a range of learning opportunities to promote the knowledge, skills and understanding of our young pupils and aim to raise their aspirations and develop a love of learning.
We are a validated provider for The Children’s University. Many of our pupils have joined the programme and work hard to complete their passport towards their graduation ceremony. We offer a range of learning opportunities from 3.15 to 4.15pm. These are often led by our staff and are usually free of charge. We also have an after school club at Normanton Parish Church called Live Wires which meets at intervals throughout the year. This is led by Church members and our staff. We place great value on all our extra learning opportunities, which are very well attended and are often over-subscribed.
Here are some of the after school clubs on offer this half term:
- Performing Arts