‘Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which one to keep.’
National Curriculum 2014
In art, pupils will have the opportunity to learn:
- to use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- to develop a wide range of art and design techniques by using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
Inspired by Chris Quigley Ltd
Pupils will be able to develop their skills as artists by:
- looking closely at detail
- talking about colour, shape, pattern, tone and line
- using a variety of tools and materials
- expressing their own ideas and using their imagination
- creating artwork on large and small scales
- talking about the work of others including well known artists
- evaluating their own work and say how this can be improved.